I’m Morgan Tombler – a digital marketer specializing in SEO and content, currently spending my time with the fine people at Blue Moon Digital. After stints in Philadelphia, Spain, and New York, I now reside in Boulder, CO. During the weekend you can find me exploring new restaurants and food trucks, enjoying Colorado’s awesome mountains and parks, or cheering on the Philadelphia Eagles. Feel free to get in touch whether you’re interested in working on a project together or just want to say hi.
Senior Strategist, SEO
Blue Moon Digital
January 2018 – Today
- Audit current content assets, analyze competitive content gaps, and create new content recommendations for international brands in retail, industrial, and software fields.
- Develop new deliverables, best practices, standard operating procedures, training materials, and POVs to be adopted across SEO and Content team.
- Plan and execute user experience tests for global B2B software brand,
- Plan and execute user experience tests for global B2B software brand, leading to improved user engagement metrics and conversion rates on marketing asset landing pages.
- Pitch new SEO and content business prospects in B2C and B2B verticals.
Senior Strategist, SEO & Content
New York, NY
September 2017 – January 2018
- Lead strategy for SEO and content programs for 10+ websites in retail, fashion, sports, education, and B2B sectors with combined annual organic traffic of 15 million sessions and organic revenue of $18 million, acting as main point of contact to director and executive-level clients.
- Ideate and manage the creation of over 100 pieces of editorial and onsite content, leading to a 60% increase in YoY traffic for B2B/home services brand.
- Act as mentor to analysts and strategists, giving feedback on projects and guiding skill development.
Strategist, SEO & Content
New York, NY
December 2015 – September 2017
- Maintain client relationships and day to day program success for clients in retail, fashion, sports, education, and B2B/residential services.
- Strategize and manage the creation and implementation of over 100 pieces of editorial and onsite content, leading to a 60% increase in YoY traffic for home services client.
- Perform structural site audits and address technical opportunities including duplicate content issues, misused canonical tags, page status errors and more leading to improved crawlability and indexation.
- Diagnosed systematic cross-domain duplication, decreasing amount of indexed duplicate pages by 500% for fashion retailer, greatly improving crawl budget.
- Plan and carry out site migrations and other large scale website improvements, coordinating with client development teams to minimize downtime and KPI decreases.
- Expand site architecture for high fashion brand through expansive semantic analyses, creating over 30 new relevant merchandise categories, leading to double digit YoY increases in traffic, conversions, and revenue.
- Boost local awareness for multi-national brand through optimized local business listings, directories, and leveraging devoted customers for reviews.
Analyst, SEO & Content
New York, NY
December 2014 – December 2015
- Support strategists in planning and creating optimized content, tech audits, linkbuilding campaigns, and monthly reporting, transitioning to strategist role in 12 months.
July 2013 – December 2014
- After transitioning from an intern role to full-time SEO associate, performed keyword research, created optimized content and carried out niche linkbuilding for small-medium sized Internet businesses.
Freelance Internet Marketer
July 2011 – Today
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
B.S.B.A., Marketing Minor: Spanish
Skills & Tools of the Trade
Google Search Console
Spanish – Conversationally Fluent
HTML & WordPress
Adobe Creative Suite